2 year olds through Kinder
Our Nursery & Preschool Curriculum is called “The Big Picture” as our purpose is to provide our youngest children with a solid foundation of the major stories of the Bible and an idea of how those stories all fit together into God’s big story.
1st through 5th grade
Building on the Biblical foundation laid for them in preschool, our desire is for elementary age kids to begin to understand more of
- the character and nature of God
- the standard of holiness He sets in those areas of His character and nature, and
- the implications for our daily lives when we rightly respond to His character.
How We Accomplish This
- 36 Godly Character Traits (from a pilot program written by Watermark Community Church)
- One character trait per month over the course of a 3-year cycle
- Each character trait has a definition and memory verse that goes with it
- To account for 5th Sundays throughout the year, we have developed a separate curriculum for those weeks.
- Rotation Stations – activity stations that relate to our lessons
- “We Believe” Sundays are programs aimed at theological/catechism-type learning
- “Bible Timeline” Sundays are a deeper dive into the Biblical Timeline we use throughout our curriculum to identify the placement of stories in the Scriptures.